Thank You for requesting a copy of the case study. This has been emailed to you, but you can also review it here.
BILLY Footwear is an ecommerce specialty shoe retailer that sells direct-to-consumer through their Shopify website, billyfootwear.com and through partners e.g. Zappos, Nordstrom etc.
- Maintaining Consumer Trust: BILLY Footwear is a customer first company. Ensuring that they are transparent with their customers when it came to data privacy is very important to them.
- Knowing The Consumers: Recognized that they have little visibility into their website consumers and their behavior beyond what Google Analytics provided. Wanted to get to know their consumers better and resolve as many visitors identities as possible.
- Improving Ad Performance: BILLY Footwear was spending ad dollars through an ad platform and was happy that the ad platform was generating 11X return on ad spend. This is what the ad platform was reporting. BILLY was increasing ad spend through the same platform taking their reporting as the truth. The ad spend was highly skewed to the social channel. BILLY wanted to understand if they are missing out on opportunities on other channels.
- LayerFive implemented Compliance 360 platform in under two weeks.
- As part of the platform implementation, we placed LayerFive first-party tag on billyfootwear.com allowing to gain deeper consumer information in a privacy compliant way. We also implemented LayerFive Interactive Privacy Portal to make consumer privacy profile available on BILLY’s Shopify-based e-commerce website.
- BILLY uses various platforms for email marketing, loyalty management, customer reviews etc. As part of the implementation, LayerFive integrated with these platforms and resolved consumer identities across these platforms along with the online identities to build a private identity graph and a unified consumer profile for BILLY.
- After collecting about 30 days of data, the first insight LayerFive generated was around advertising attribution. LayerFive found that BILLY’s ad spend was actually generating close to 1X return rather than 11X return that the ad platform was claiming.
- This allowed BILLY to move their ad dollars to different channels. LayerFive helped BILLY to understand their channel performance on Google and FB allowing to find the right channel ad spend mix.
- In 90 days, BILLY’s online sales doubled, while saving wasted ad dollars from non-performing advertising.
- LayerFive Interactive Privacy Portal is seamlessly integrated into BILLY’s e-commerce website, allowing any consumer with a profile to exercise their privacy rights at any time. This eliminates significant overhead of complying with CCPA and GDPR regulations and allows BILLY to be completely transparent with their consumers about their data.